FuelWorks is a web-based subscription service, enabling users to view fuelling transactions and the current stock status remotely from any standard Internet location. The information is available whenever it is required. Routine fuel usage reports can be distributed to key personnel without the need for any further intervention.
Since it is a web based system, FuelWorks is independent of any internal IT infrastructure. This means that the system can be deployed easily to subsidiary depots, thereby improving operational flexibility without adding further administration overheads. All that is required is a GPRS communications data link.
Data from the customers’ fuelling points is downloaded automatically, both in real time and at regular intervals for analysis and the creation of fuel usage reports. Stock control information for each location is presented on a status ‘overview’ dashboard showing.
- Current stock
- Graphical stock gauge with a coloured warning of low stock condition.
- Prediction of when to re-order stock based on trend analysis.
- The time and status of the last full communication attempt.
- Indication if anyone has bypassed/over-ridden the normal system authorisation.
- Value of stock issued and a total value of the stock for each depot.
This feature shows only the sites a user is authorised to view, and can provide an early warning of any potential issues such as, unauthorised fuel drawn, communications problems, low or critical stock levels etc.
Fleet managers can access vital fuelling information or e-mail alerts from wherever it is convenient by using a computer web browser, laptop, tablet devices or smart phone. The software is intuitive and there are no specific operating skills required. Users can customise ‘exception’ reports to focus on rogue vehicles or unauthorised usage.
The basic hosting arrangement covers
- Unlimited number of configurable users – each can have their own (individual) profile of requirements.
- Secure access and unlimited data storage.
- Full data analyst and help desk support.
- Automatic free updates – the system functionality is always current.
- Option for import format from fuel agency card accounts and Excel.
- Option to export formats to third party fleet management systems allowing Integration with the client company’s businesses eco-system.
- Stock costing and reconciliation.
- Automatic email alert statuses.
For existing customers
Existing fuelling points can be adapted easily for use with the FuelWorks service.
“We are simply building on the initial investment that the client has already made on the fuelling facilities and in effect future proofing it to ensure life time support,” says Stephen Hannan.
Merridale will be pleased to discuss pricing for specific configurations and user requirements.
As a basic guide, the hosting service is provided as an annual subscription for the software license. There will be an additional cost to cover communications, as this relates to the number of fuelling points covered by the service.
Subscription prices start from £125 per annum which allows unlimited distribution of reporting facilities within the client organisation.
For example – A national fleet operator has fuelling points at 20 depots. Each of the depot managers will be able to access current status plus a scheduled usage report, which is sent out automatically. Members of the head office staff will be able to access the system to generate reports and manipulate the generation of reports to their end users.
The system will also permit data import files, such as Fuel Card accounts, for a nominal one-off set up charge.