Every month we are seeing more of our customers making the transition from in-house client based fuel management to web-based reporting with Merridale FuelWorks.
For instance, each of the customers featured in this edition of our newsletter has implemented the Merridale FuelWorks solution – either as part of a new build depot facility or as an upgrade to an existing fuelling point.
“Making the change is relatively straightforward and it needn’t be expensive”
“Making the change is relatively straightforward and it needn’t be expensive,” says sales director, Stephen Hannan. “Depending on the customer’s existing set up, the cost to upgrade the communications could be minimal (from around ￡500). But this is a non-recurring cost, whilst pay back and savings will be ongoing – by improving productivity as well as management control.”
- Reduced administration overhead. No software is installed on the customers’ IT infrastructure and there is no requirement for data-back up or specialist training. With FuelWorks, Merridale takes responsibility for everything – all that is required is a suitable internet ready pc, tablet, smart phone or laptop to provide accesses to the site fuelling data.
- Merridale FuelWorks enables users to share the fuelling information throughout their organisation, and reports can be tailored to the requirements for accounts, transport and the board room.
- The ability to have reports created automatically and have a scheduled delivery of reports.
- Automatic alerts and notifications.
- Low cost subscription service with unlimited access – unlimited scheduling and users.
- Data is secure and held on UK based servers.
- Automatic updates – the customer is always on the latest standard.
- Total reliability as Merridale takes full responsibility for all the software support and can offer optional hardware extended warranty support as well.
- Fully certified system with no ‘hybrid’ compatibility issues. Merridale FuelWorks uses fully manufacturer integrated and proven hardware.
Moving over to web based reporting is not expensive.
Merridale will quote to upgrade based on the customer’s existing set up; number of fuelling points and communications etc. FuelWorks hardware upgrades use off-the-shelf components and there is no need for any non-standard (expensive) interface units.